Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fasten your seat belts

I am anxious these days. I am travelling in about 10 days, and I suffer from travel anxiety. Why, you would ask.. well apart from the imminent dangers of a plane hijack and a plane crash that we face these days, there are invariably certain things that freak me out. Following are some examples:
1. I forgot the change for the cart.

2. Entering the airport, I realize my check in counter is towards the other end of the airport.

3.My suitcases have "going to India" written all over them and it doesn't make it any easier at the Toronto airport.

4. The unfriendly officer behind the check in counter." Why are you going to India" coz officer, right now I look like the picture in my passport right here, and that means I really really need this vacation. Can we please not make the small talk?

5. At the security check, the officer pulling me aside "Mam, you have been chosen for a random security check", Really? Are you sure it isn't because I am brown and because I look like I will be blowing up the plane? But sure, I love security checks.. you will be frisking me, right? damn, can we get that handsome officer over there to do this?

6.Through with security, sitting at my gate, watching people gazing at nothing. That makes for an interesting past time. Like pyschos in a mental ward.

7. Everything at the airport is charged at a premium, as if they did not rip us enough when we bought those expensive tickets. So yeah, a cold sandwich for $10. My mom would have packed some stuff for me to eat, but you know, it's just me.

8.Freaky times when the flight is not on time.

9. 2 sets of people : Business executives, who try to sit away from the rest of us, usually reading WSJ or Bloomberg. And the teenage girls travelling alone for the first time, chewing on gum really noticeably, trying to act real cool.

10. The meaningless announcements, unless they are announcing your flight details. How I wish I could tune the other ones out.

11.Boarding the plane now. 2 possibilities, you either end up sitting next to a really good looking guy and your flight seems shorter than it actually is or you end up sitting with a really ugly guy in which case you just want to pretend to be asleep through out the flight. Forget dinner/beverages, because the moment I open my eyes, I pretty much have to entertain a dumb conversation with a geeky looking guy. Ofcourse the chances of having a dumb conversation with a good looking guy are just as high, but I don't mind that.

12. Trying to tune into my favourite music station, but can never decide on the station.

13. The turbulence.

14.Sitting next to the exit door.

15.The person sitting next to you cannot read/write English, so I end up filling out immigration forms for them, yay me... good deeds never go unnoticed.. apparently.

Sigh... I hope the 20 hours pass by real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment