Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I get so tired sometimes just listening to cliches and things that are just out there, overrated and exaggerated. So I thought, hmmm.. let me get back to some blogging by being a little bitter and bursting some myths and focus on things that really matter

"Spring brings out the best in me, love in the air lifts my spirits up"
This one takes the cake, especially because I hear it year after year without fail Spring, love and upliftment of spirits go hand in hand. Well, I don't mind the warm weather and all that, but really, I can do without the floral, 'made for spring only' dresses and feeling all lovey dovey. What's spring got to do with being horny? I am just saying..

"I love him/her so much, I dont think I can live without him/her"
Since we are on the topic of spring already, this one just fits in. Love is majorly overrated. You see, I had learnt long ago, the fluttering of hearts, the butterflies in the stomach and those feelings that make you jump up and down with joy are simply made up. You do them out of peer pressure. And because you think you look cute when you do/say those things. And as far as not being able to live without blah blah, I am willing to dare the next person who says that to me, to jump off the building to prove his love for me.(Realizing I have limited my chances by writing this blog)

"Education will make you smarter and secure your future"
Now I hear this being told to those little kids who unknowingly take this to be the ultimate truth and I was one of them. But I know better now. Such BS. I believe myself to be pretty smart*, but there was so much more potential. I mean I could have been a multi millionaire if someone had taught me how to play poker in grade 7 instead of asking me to do recitals. Sigh

* Smart: relatively speaking, In this case matching my intellingence to Albert Einstein

"Blondes are dumb"
Now really, come on, umm....well, Yeah, this one is no myth.

"Smoking kills"
It probably does and I am sure the person smoking knows it to be true too. So shut it. No point stating the obvious, is there?

"Marriages are made in heaven"
And so are my red shoes, right from heaven above. But I do think there is some truth there. Mortals like you and I can't really make mistakes like that, it has to be some sort of divine intervention, or a few rounds of tequila shots.

Well, I am sure you get the drift about the point I am trying to make. However I know there are a few things that really matter, the ultimate truth, no exaggerations whatsoever.

"Money makes the world go round"
Now, how can you not agree with that?

"Beer makes the world go round"
And I know you agree with it.

Lesson learnt, all else is bullshit.. but money and beer. Cheers to the green!

No comments:

Post a Comment